Trav

Trav Staff Application

7 posts in this topic

Tell us about you:

What is your name?

Answer: Travis

Where are you from?

Answer: UK

What timezone are you currently in? (Please use GMT)

Answer: GMT +1

Do you currently have a working microphone?

Answer: Yes

How old are you?

Answer: 18

(Only answer if under 18) Which of the staff members have recommended you?

Answer:

What makes you stand out of the crowd as a staff member?

Answer: For one, I'm someone who's been a part of the community for half a decade and I always come back, I've got a considerable amount of experience in the staff team, before the most recent closure I was SA in the staff team and I held that position for many months. Originally I wasn't going to apply again having to start from the bottom after all the time I spent but I've decided that I'd like to rejoin the staff team because of how much I enjoy helping out on the server.

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your skills in:

Understanding other peoples opinions

The use of any kind of admin mod ( We use Serverguard )

Handling criticism

Administrating (If you have experience from before)

Being unbiased  

Question 1: 8

Question 2: 10

Question 3: 7

Question 4: 10

Question 5: 8

Tell us about you in-game:

What is your current playtime? (Minimum 24 hours)

Answer: Currently not that high because of the database wipe (around 1 day) but combined I probably have over 3 months of playtime.

Do you have any previous experiences as a staff member? If yes - please tell where and what kind of admin mod you used:

Answer: Yes, I have used serverguard, assmod and evolve.

Have you ever been kicked/banned or warned by one of our staff members? (If unsure, ask a staff member, they can usually check)

Answer: Not for years.

Do you currently have any issues with current staff members and/or community members? If Yes, explain

Answer: No.

How would you handle these situations?

A new player has just joined the server, and is shouting through his microphone and spamming trash in OOC

Answer: I would go to them, make sure they stop spamming in OOC then proceed to ask if they would like a run down of the gamemode, how to get started and what they should be doing here. (Roleplaying)

A good friend of yours has broken a rule, and he has been reported by a friend, how would you handle this situation?

Answer: I would deal with the situation as I would normally if the reported person wasn't a friend, if the rule breaking is still taking place I would spectate and see if I can see them breaking rules myself and if they are I would immediately pull them away immediately and discuss punishment. If the situation had already ended with no witness I would listen to both sides of the story and come to a conclusion before bringing punishment, if I can't come to a solid conclusion I would request the reporter bring evidence to a forum report.

You are currently roleplaying as a police officer, and you are in the middle of a traffic stop. When you are standing there you receive a report, what do you do? (Multiple choice)

A) Continue the roleplay situation and see if any other admins can talk to the rulebreaking player

B) Tell the rulebreaking player in OOC to stop breaking the rules, and attend to him when you are free

C) Leave the roleplaying situation immediately and attend to the rulebreaker

Answer: A, I believe calling out players in OOC for breaking rules is just unprofessional and gives the server a bad image, I would let another staff member deal with the situation if available because if I leave the RP situation I am in, it may ruin the experience for the player I'm roleplaying with. However there is an exception to this, if the reported player is breaking major rules such as mass rdming and there are no other staff members active I would have no choice but to leave and resolve the situation to keep a good experience for other players, however for minor rule breaks I would finish my RP situation and attend to the report afterwards.

You or a player has found a bug or potential exploit that could ruin the entire server economy, what would you do?

Answer: I would personally report this directly to the server developer so it can be patched out ASAP, I would avoid as many lower channels as possible to make sure it isn't spread around.

Do you have anything to add?

Answer: 😃

• Like 2

Remember him from back in the days, great guy, deservs it :)

• Thanks 1

+1 

very supportive member of the community, been with us on and off since 2012!

• Thanks 1

+1

Great guy, knows what hes doing. 

• Thanks 1

+1

I like what I've seen before! 

• Thanks 1

It's a nobrainer, ofcourse I'm gonna DENY

Just kidding, Welcome to the team Trav! You'll be a fine addition :)